This summary page is auto-generated from the github repository. Click here to visit the main repository page.
|Maintainer:||Corin (github: xmos-corin)|
Example project that shows how to interface to a RAMTRON FM25V10 (1Mbit) or FM25H20 (2Mbit) SPI F-RAM Memory. These have the advantages of:
- Low power than FLASH.
- Faster write performance (there are no write delays).
- Much larger umber of write cycles (at least 100 trillion).
Uses a light weight SPI interface.
Provides a low level interface, so the client manages the data directly on the F-RAM.
You can read and write to it using xflash/flashlib and a suitalbe SPI-spec file, but this is a lightweight interface for fast access to it. The XCore can boot from it as if it was a normal FLASH.
The example project shows how to (by commenting in/out the appropriate options in main()):
- test the memory by writing data (0x00, 0x55, 0xFF) and verifying the contents of the F-RAM.
- read the contents of the F-RAM and printing it to the terminal.
- write a binary file to the F-RAM (e.g. the XK-1 FLASH firmware in example/xk-1.bin).
None, although the interface to the F-RAM could be sped up, by using clock blocks and buffered ports.
Issues may be submitted via the Issues tab in this github repo. Response to any issues submitted as at the discretion of the manitainer for this line.